Take Advantage of our Expertise
Efficient and effective structuring and sourcing of capital, particularly for large and complex projects or property portfolios, necessitates commensurate experience.
Leveraging our significant property finance experience, in both construction and investment, we advise our clients on structured finance arrangements covering the entire capital stack, including Senior Debt, Mezzanine Debt, Preferential Equity and Joint Venture Equity.
STAC Capital and our Directors have been the lead-arrangers or financiers on countless property projects and portfolios, ranging from small townhouses, through portfolios of specialised-use assets, to high-density multi-storey developments with Gross Realisation Values up to $100m.
The experience of STAC Capital and its Directors, with property and project finance, includes a range of assets classes such as:
- Residential - subdivisions, townhouses, multi-stage projects, high-density apartment towers, mixed-use
- Commercial - retail, office, shopping centres, service stations, hotels (accommodation), hotels (pubs/liquor & gaming), bulky-goods
- Industrial - subdivisions, warehouses & manufacturing facilities, self-storage
Formed over full careers in commercial finance, we have solid relationships with funders and investors to suit an array of situations, varying from ‘plain vanilla’ to highly-geared or the strategically challenging. This allows us to structure and arrange funding packages from sources such as:
- Major and selected non-major Australian banks
- Overseas banking institutions with interests in the Australian market, particularly Asian-based
- Australian and off-shore Fund Managers
- Private Financiers
- UHNW Individuals as direct equity investors
Property Finance Advisory Services
Whilst we do act in a brokerage capacity for our clients, part of our differentiation from finance brokers is in providing bespoke advisory services to select property developer for property development finance and commercial property investor clients.
The scope of our property finance advisory services can be broad, typically agreed based upon the needs of our clients, our capabilities and experience, as well that of their existing professional advisors and consultants. Some examples of our property finance services include (but are not limited to):
- Joint Venture Structuring - working together with clients and relevant lawyers to consider risks and requirements, to ensure that the proposed structure will fit with the likely requirements of financiers and/or investors.
- Project Feasibility - assisting to build, or critically analyse, single- or multi-stage project feasibilities, particularly including the quantum and timing of the various layers of the capital stack.
- Project Team - leveraging our broad range of relationships, identifying and selecting necessary professionals and consultants commensurate with the nature and size of the project, such as project/development managers, town planners, architects, valuers, quantity surveyors, real estate agents, lawyers, accountants etc.
- Distressed Work-Outs - review and assessment of distressed positions/assets, formulation of work-out strategies together with clients and relevant professionals (such as lawyers, insolvency practitioners, property experts, real estate agents, construction professionals etc), negotiation with existing and/or potential incoming lenders/banks.
If you require some form of assistance with your property finance in relation to your portfolio or projects, contact us so that we can discuss whether we are suitably positioned to assist. STAC Capital also provides advisory services for Private Banking and Business Finance.
A Strategic Partnership with STAC Capital
While the structuring and arrangement of finance is very much core to our business, our approach is different to that of typical finance brokers.
Our Directors are actively involved with the owners, key management and external advisors of each of our clients. We are not single deal focused, rather we value long-term mutually-beneficial relationships with our clients. We are fiercely independent and loyal to our clients - while we have strong relationships with a large number of lenders and investors, we do not have any affiliations or attachments to any in particular. We understand the true meaning of strategy and therefore take the time to clearly understand all the factors that make up our clients' strategy, and work with them to continue to build it. We are transparent with our pricing and align this with the interests of our clients.
Your full financial situation will need to be reviewed prior to acceptance of any offer or product.
Experience in Property Finance
Some of the property projects, for which STAC and its Directors have been the lead-arrangers or financiers, are summarised below. Finance structures varied, ranging from straight Senior debt, to multiple layers of the capital stack such as Mezzanine Debt, Preferential Equity and JV Equity.
Construction of an owner-builder/developer 10 storey residential apartment development
Gross Realisation Value $40m
Construction of 5 storey residential apartment development
Gross Realisation Value $14m
Construction of a 9 storey residential development
Gross Realisation Value $25m
Construction of a 12 storey mixed-use development comprising 22 ultra-luxury apartments plus ground-floor retail
Gross Realisation Value $70m
Construction of a boutique residential development
Gross Realisation Value $23m
Motor Vehicle Dealership
Acquisition and refurbishment of new car dealership
Value on Completion $7.5m
Child Care Centres Portfolio
Acquisition/Development of multiple assets within a portfolio of freehold & going-concern child care centres
Portfolio Going-Concern Value $18m
Sippy Downs Qld
Construction of multi-stage townhouse development
Gross Realisation Value $28m
Redevelopment of a boutique award winning hotel
Value on Completion $22m
Construction of a partially owner-occupied industrial tilt-slab building, negotiated pricing more than 1% lower than incumbent lender
Value on Completion $4.2m
Burleigh Heads Qld
Site acquisition and construction of a bulky goods retail centre
Value on Completion $8.5m
Neighbourhood Shopping Centre
Acquisition, refurbishment and further development of shopping centre
Value on Completion $6m